Monday 8:30AM - 4:00PM, Closed (12:30 - 1)
- Proof of Identification: Current Drivers License or Non-Driver ID Card AND a sealed copy of original birth certificate
- If divorced, copy of all of your your original divorce papers, sealed or stamped.
- You will need to know your social security number, and mothers maiden name.
- It is recommended but not necessary that you have already chosen the last name you wish to be known as legally. This saves time and arguments at the counter!
- There is a $40 fee for the license.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
You need to make an appointment with the Town Clerk's Office for the license, call 235-8282
There is a twenty four (24) hour waiting period from the time we issue your license until the time you may get married. For example; if you receive your license at 10:00 A.M. today, you may be married at 10:01 A.M. tomorrow.
Your license is good for 60 days from the day you receive it. This is called the solemnization period.
There is no longer a blood test requirement.
The appointment for the license should take 30 minutes.
Any dog over the age of four (4) months must be licensed. Proof of rabies vaccination is required at time of licensing. The license period has changed to two (2) years.
- Spayed or neutered dogs ten ($10) per year, which means a two (2) year license is twenty ($20).
- Unspayed or unneutered dogs twenty-three ($23) per year, which means a two (2) year license is forty-six ($46)
There is a late fee of ten ($10) for anyone failing to relicense their dog over thirty (30) days.
There is a fifty ($50) fee for anyone who fails to license their dog.
Senior fishing licenses are $5.00. The regular fishing licenses are $25.00. Other conservation license fees may be obtained by calling the Town Clerk’s office at 235-8282.
SOLICITORS PERMITS AND LICENSES:
Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office. There is generally a one week waiting period from application to license due to the fact that all solicitors permit applications are checked through the Waterford Police Department before issuance. The fee for solicitors permit is $50.00 for the Town, $50.00 for the Village, and $100.00 for both the Town and Village.
There is a burning permit application available at the Town Clerk’s office. There are specific conditions that must be met to have an open fire in the Town of Waterford. (There is no burning in the Village of Waterford.) The application must be filled out and returned to the Waterford Police Department, who in turn will notify the Fire Inspector of the application. The Fire Inspector will then issue the permit if he deems it necessary and impose any conditions he deems appropriate for the burn. This permit will be good for one day only and a copy of said permit will be given to the Police Department. Applications MUST be received at least seven days prior to the requested date of the burn to be considered. All burning permit conditions must be strictly adhered to and all laws followed.
CERTIFICATES OF RESIDENCY:
The Town Clerks Office can issue a certificate of residence to students that have been a continuous resident of New York State for one year and a resident of Saratoga County for one year. Two proofs of identification are required: one must be 1 year old and one less than 30 days old. Each document must be dated and include name and physical street address. NO POST OFFICE BOX address will be accepted.