The Town of Waterford is now accepting applications for: Junior Accountant Position
- Assists in performing accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, developing payroll on a weekly basis, performing accounts payable function and working with vendors.
- Assists in the preparation of various financial and statistical reports.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of general and governmental accounting.
- Ability to work in a team setting with various Town departments and staff.
- Position involves working with and maintaining confidential files.
- Other duties to be assigned as necessary.
Municipal accounting experience desired. Minimum Qualifications: at least... A. Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field and one (1) year of experience in maintaining financial and business accounts; OR B. Possession of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field and three (3) years of experience in maintaining financial and business accounts and records; OR C. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma (GED) and five (5) years of experience maintaining financial and business accounts and records.
- Salary commensurate with experience, $50k to $60k per year.
Employment Application may be obtained online here: Employment Application and submitted with resume to:
John E. Lawler, Town Supervisor
65 Broad Street, Waterford, New York 12188
The Town of Waterford Court is looking for a full-time Court Clerk.
A court clerk is responsible for maintaining records of the Town Court and to assist the judges with their
administrative functions. Specific Duties entail but are not limited to: Assisting the judges
with preparing dockets/calendars of cases to be called and utilizing a variety of computer software
and case-management systems. Will be required to answer inquiries from the general public
regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, and other
court-related matters, including handling payment of fines and fees.
Training will be provided, although familiarity with court procedures is preferred. Must have
strong communication and inter-personal skills. Time commitment is expected to be 37.5 hours
per week, along with Thursday evenings during court sessions until 8-9 p.m.
All interested applicants should obtain an employment application from the Town
Supervisor's office located on the second floor of Town Hall on 65 Broad Street, Waterford, and
submit completed application, along with resume, by Tuesday, December 5, 2023 to: Waterford Town
Court, 65 Broad Street, Waterford, NY 12188.
THE TOWN OF WATERFORD HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
APPLICANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND EITHER POSSESS A “CLASS B” OR HIGHER LICENSE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A CDL LICENSE WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRE.
NON-CDL STARTING RATE OF PAY-$20.00 * CDL STARTING RATE OF PAY - $22.00
- MUST HAVE A GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE CARE & USE OF COMMON HAND AND POWER TOOLS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ROUTINE PHYSICAL LABOR; INCLUDING LIFTING OVER 50 LBS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN A TEAM ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT UNDER ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS.
- VACATION, PERSONAL & SICK LEAVE AVAILABLE.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- APPLICANT MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK OVER TIME AS NEEDED.
- This position entails the transportation of citizens to approved destinations; including medical facilities and Senior Citizen Centers. Maintains simple records of fuel used, mileage and passengers carried.
- Reports mechanical defects of motor vehicle to appropriate authority.
- Good knowledge of driving safety practices and NYS traffic laws; good knowledge of the road & highway systems, ability to operate a motor vehicle under all driving and road conditions; ability to establish harmonious relations with fellow workers and the public.
- Physical conditioning commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Applicant must possess a “Class C” or higher license OR be able to obtain a CDL license.
For additional listings of Job Opportunities within Saratoga County visit the Saratoga County website Saratoga County
“An Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Program”