Waterford Town Parks & Pool Hours of Operation 2021
Town of Waterford
12-6 everyday. Last day is August 15th
36 Ballston Street
Cost: There is no charge for using the pool this year.
Residents will be required to show proof of residency upon entering the pool. This will require a photo ID, such as a valid driver's license and either a Town of Waterford tax bill or a current utility bill. A resident will be able to sign up a guest in person. The guest is responsible for understanding the pool rules and will be charged the resident fee.
Waterford residents will be given an id card to be used for the duration of the season.
RULES: To be expressed to patrons upon entering:
- No one under the age of 7 years old can enter the pool area without an adult present.
- No flotation devices (including bathing suits with built in flotation devices) are allowed in the pool area.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are still in diapers. If these children do not have swim diapers, they are not allowed to go in the pool.
- There must be one adult (person 17 years or older) present for each child in the pool under the age of 7. (i.e. if there are 2 children in the water under the age of 7, there must be two adults that are responsible for the children in the water as well.)
- The same one child per adult rule applies for children over the age of 7 who have not passed their swim test.
- Children over the age of 7 (and under the age of 17) are required to pass a shallow end swim test and a deep end swim test:
Shallow End Test: Participants are required to swim with their head above water for the width of the pool.
Deep End Test: Participants are required to swim front crawl with their head above water for the length of the pool (alongside the wall)
- Judgment, as to whether a participant has passed or failed the swim test, is determined by the lifeguard that is monitoring the test.